11/6/07

Geri Gets Sentimental In This Weeks Spice Blog


Geri Halliwell writes to us from the Spice Girls LA rehearsals.


Hi, how are u?


So, I am sitting in the rehearsal studio on a lunch break. We’ve just finished rehearsing Who Do You Think You Are. No, I’m not going to tell you any details. You’ll just have to wait and see! It’s a lot of fun.


Beau is sitting opposite me on Emma's lap, giving a smile.


We're working hard and it’s like we've never been apart. I really like it when we're singing in harmony with the band. It’s funny that ten years on each of us still remembers our harmony lines. It’s like riding a bike – you just don’t forget. It’s like it’s ingrained in us.


What else can I tell you? Cruz has been looking for a pump to blow up his rocket and now he’s trying on Melanie C's hoodie.


Melanie C is definitely embracing her Sporty roots today in a fetching pair of tracky bottoms. Looking gorgeous! Actually, that’s Bluebell's new favourite word.


Bluebell is on her way down here in a bit. She keeps on picking up a microphone, so it’s like the Waltons on tour with babies and husbands all around. Jade (Emma’s partner) is the perfect daddy. I can tell he loves being a father.


I’ve gotta tell you, it’s been the most wonderful experience being back in Spice World. I love being part of a group and I feel this experience has done exactly what I had hoped. It has reunited us and made our friendship stronger. We have a bond that we will share for the rest of our lives.


Let me tell you, the Spice Girls are now Spice Women – full, sensual and stronger through their life experiences. It’s fantastic to be around the humour, and although the pressure is on, being part of a group is a wonderful thing. I receive a lot of support and encouragement from the other girls.


We are definitely a democracy. Every morning we check in with each other and we discuss the decisions that have to be made.


We have a great band. Melanie C picked them and she cracks the whip when it comes to vocal warm-ups.


Okay, I think that’s enough for now. See you very soon… one month to go!


Geri x

No comments: